What are we doing?
Thanks for joining us for our (social distancing) mocktail hour 🙂
Today’s topics: Lakers, Gamestop, Robinhood, Movies
Today’s Tasting Menu
- Crank by Cycle Brewing Company – St. Petersburg, FL 7% ABV
- Hot Chocolate by Adrian (SMDH) – His House, FL, 0%ABV
It kinda seems like the past few months have been the same day over and over again, doesn’t it? And if there was such a thing as a Punxsutawney Phil of Pandemics, we bet he’d be seeing the shadow that predicts six more months of shutdown right now.
But wait, isn’t there a Tom Brady Bowl Sunday?
Ah yes, we are back – and it feels so good.
This weeks interesting stories:
- A 10-year-old investor made big bucks on the GameStop shares he got for Kwanzaa
- Jaydyn Carr was a GameStop shareholder long before the buying frenzy that sent share prices skyrocketing, and now the 10-year-old investor has cashed in, making almost $3,200..
- Barstool CEO on why Robinhood story goes ‘beyond business‘
- Founder and president of Barstool Sports Dave Portnoy tells CNN’s Chris Cuomo that “things just don’t add up” after the stock-trading app Robinhood barred traders from buying shares of GameStop.
- Sundance: ‘Judas and the Black Messiah’ introduces ‘a history that’s been buried in this country‘
- One man was for the people, the other for self-preservation.
- Denzel Washington’s The Little Things Tops Box Office Amid HBO Max Debut