What are we doing?
Thanks for joining us for our (social distancing) mocktail hour 🙂
Today’s topics: Beer, The Bubble, Sports, (un)Hinged
Today’s Tasting Menu
- Cake Eater by Civil Society Brewing – Jupiter, FL Collaboration with Barreled Souls Brewing Company 11.5% ABV
- Crank by Cycle Brewing Company – St. Petersburg, FL 7% ABV
- Black Is Beautiful by Hidden Springs Ale Works – Tampa, FL 10% ABV
- Bear Lasers by Hidden Springs Ale Works – Tampa, FL 6.7% ABV
- Dragon Sour by If I Brewed the World – St. Petersburg, FL 6% ABV
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie by Cigar City Brewing – Tampa, FL 5.5% ABV
- Ghost in the Machine by Parish Brewing Company – Broussard, LA 8.5% ABV
It kinda seems like the past few months have been the same day over and over again, doesn’t it? And if there was such a thing as a Punxsutawney Phil of Pandemics, we bet he’d be seeing the shadow that predicts six more weeks of shutdown right now. credit: Tampa Theatre
Would beer make it better? We got you, babe.
On Saturday, August 8, Tampa Theatre will host its 9th annual BeerFest in a brand-new way. Groundhop Day will still feature some of the best craft-brewed beers from around Tampa Bay, but instead of coming to Tampa Theatre to try them, we’ll package up a tasting 12-pack for you to take home.
Your Groundhop Day tasting box will include:
- An assortment of 12 different bottles and cans representing local breweries like Hidden Springs Ale Works, 7venth Sun Brewery, Coppertail Brewing, Cigar City Brewing, and Motorworks Brewing.
- Two Tampa Theatre tasting glasses
- A family-sized bag of fresh Tampa Theatre popcorn
- Other fun Groundhop Day surprises!
Grand sampling boxes are $55 and premium boxes – featuring higher-end brews – are $75 (Theatre Members save $5 off each level). Boxes will be available for pick-up under the Tampa Theatre marquee at 711 N. Franklin Street from 4-7pm Friday, Aug. 7 and 11am-2pm Saturday, Aug. 8.
Support your local breweries and businesses. Central Florida Ale Trail
In honor of the start of the NBA bubble at Disney World, this week ‘NBA Desktop’ is proud to present an NBA-Disney musical crossover event
If you like, start at 3:28 to see “Be Our Guest” – It’s pretty funny!
This weeks stories:
- Instagram model claims player ‘invited her to the NBA bubble’
- Days after the NBA bubble opened at Disney World, Instagram model Anna Mya alleged Sunday she has already scored an invite to Orlando.
- Lakers’ Dwight Howard falls victim to NBA ‘snitch hotline’: ‘Somebody told on me’
- Howard was warned after not wearing a mask on campus
- While the hotline was set up for the protection of the players and everyone involved in the season restart, players don’t seem too happy with what they’re calling the “snitch hotline.”
- Chiefs lock up Patrick Mahomes through 2031 with massive extension
- A Simple Step to Help Keep You Safe: Walmart and Sam’s Club Require Shoppers to Wear Face Coverings
- How the US caught flashy Nigerian Instagrammers ‘with $40m’
What we are watching during Quarantine
- The Old Guard – Netflix The story focuses on a pack of mercenaries who are all secretly centuries-old immortals able to heal from any wound, but are forced to live alone and avoid relationships to protect their secret. Just as they find another immortal who has “awakened”, they realize someone is onto their secret and have to fight for their freedom before their new enemy figures out how to replicate their powers.
- GREYHOUND – Apple TV+ – Early in World War II, an inexperienced U.S. Navy captain must lead an Allied convoy being stalked by Nazi U-boat wolfpacks.
- Hanna The Series – Amazon – Hanna is a 15-year-old girl living with Erik, the only man she has ever known, as her father, in a remote part of a forest in Poland. Erik once recruited pregnant women into a CIA program, code name UTRAX, where the children’s DNA was enhanced with 3% wolf in order to create super-soldiers. When Erik falls in love with Johanna, Hanna’s mother, he rescues baby Hanna and they flee. The CIA then orders their on-site agent, Marissa, to shut down the project and eliminate all the babies.